The News Media Guild’s officers are democratically elected by secret ballot.
Executive Committee (2021-2024)
The Executive Committee is the Guild’s administrative body, carrying out day to day decisions. It implements policy, makes decisions about grievances, and hires the union’s paid staff. The President supervises the interim operations of the local.
- President: Vin Cherwoo, AP Sports, New York
- First Vice President: John Braunreiter, AP, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Amanda Holpuch, Guardian, New York
- Second Vice President: Mike Warren, AP, Atlanta
- Third Vice President: Kim Kruesi, AP, Nashville, Tenn.
The RA is the union’s top governing body. It sets the budget and determines policy, including recommending negotiating team members. Because of the NMG’s 50-state scope, this body serves as the local’s “union hall.”
- AP Washington Area – Darlene Superville
- AP New York City – Larry Fenn
- AP South – Terry Spencer
- AP West – Michelle Monroe
- AP Central – Noah Trister
- AP East – Jimmy Golen
- AP Television – Joe Frederick
- AP Photographers – Sue Ogrocki
- Technicians – Ed Morsett
- EFE – Albert Traver
- Guardian – Erum Salam
- AP Washington Area – Will Lester
- AP New York City – Dan Derella
- AP South – Freida Frisaro
- AP West – Rachel La Corte
- AP Central – Pstephen Groves
- AP East – Mike Rubinkam
- AP Television – Jeff Turner
- AP Photographers – Susan Walsh
- AP Technicians – Elvis Cruz
- EFE – Marc Arcas
- Guardian – Tim Hill