The News Media Guild’s officers are democratically elected by secret ballot.
Executive Committee (2018-2021)
The Executive Committee is the Guild’s administrative body, carrying out day to day decisions. It implements policy, makes decisions about grievances, and hires the union’s paid staff. The President supervises the interim operations of the local.
- President: Jill Bleed, AP, Little Rock, Ark.
- First Vice President: John Braunreiter, AP, Milwaukee, Wis.
- Secretary-Treasurer: Vin Cherwoo, AP, New York
- Second Vice President: Mike Warren, AP, Atlanta
- Third Vice President: Amanda Holpuch, Guardian, New York
The RA is the union’s top governing body. It sets the budget and determines policy, including recommending negotiating team members. Because of the NMG’s 50-state scope, this body serves as the local’s “union hall.”
- AP Washington Area – Darlene Superville, Washington
- AP New York City – Dan Derella, Photos
- AP South – Meg Kinnard, Columbia
- AP West – Kim Kruesi, Boise
- AP Central – Noah Trister, Detroit
- AP East – Jimmy Golen, Boston
- AP Television – Mike Lennox, Los Angeles
- AP Photographers – Lynne Sladky, Miami
- Technicians – Dave Herron, AP Seattle
- EFE – Jorge Banales, Washington
- Guardian – Lauren Gambino, Washington
- UPI – Vacant
- AP Washington Area – Lisa Dwyer-Shapiro, Washington
- AP New York City – Larry Fenn, Data/Web Development
- AP South – Terry Spencer, Miami
- AP West – Janie Har, San Francisco
- AP Central – Vacant
- AP East – Mike Sisak, Philadelphia
- AP Television – Melinda Ulloa, Washington
- AP Photographers – Sue Ogrocki, Oklahoma City
- AP Technicians – Ed Morsett, Denver
- EFE – Vacant
- Guardian – Tim Hill, New York
- UPI – Vacant